Events can be canceled due to COVID-19.
Virtual Night of the Pikes Peak Writers – Aspiring authors can have their questions answered for free on Mondays from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. tinyurl.com/y4ukblgu.
FRESH FROM THE PRESS
Current regional author offers:
• • Wonder How to run like a girl “ by Charlotte Matthews. Published by Charlotte Matthews. Summary: The story of Evie, a spunky young girl who wants to finish her first race – The Mighty Girl Sprint. With the support of her mom, dad, and feline buddy, Evie learns that a balanced approach to training will help her reach the finish line and earn the coveted glittering finisher medal.
Hoopla Digital – Users of the Pikes Peak Library District can use Hoopla Digital to access videos, music and audio books from smartphones, tablets, PCs and Apple TV for free. hoopladigital.com.
E-books and more – E-books, e-audio books, e-magazines free of charge with a PPLD library card. Click CyberShelf under ppld.org.
All Branches of the Pikes Peak District Library Users can browse the physical collection without reservation, use self-checkout machines and service desks, and reserve a 55-minute computer session per day. (Reservations are recommended. Call 389-8968 to book your session. Library card must be reserved by phone.) Use equipment to fax, scan, and / or copy documents without the assistance of staff, upload yours Devices and reserve them for 55 minutes of special collections at the 1905 Carnegie Library. In addition to PPLD’s virtual Ask-a-Librarian services, the large digital collection, extensive hub of online resources, and many virtual programs running online are available at ppld.org, users can also take advantage of roadside services at library locations. For more information, see ppld.org/covid-19.
• Calhan Library, 600 Bank St., Calhan
• Cheyenne Mountain Branch Library, 1785 p. 8th St.
• East Library, 5550 N. Union Blvd.
• Branch of the well library, 230 S. Main St., Brunnen
• High Prairie Library, 7035 Old Meridian Road, Falcon
• Library 21c, 1175 Chapel Hills Drive
• Manitou Springs Library, 701 Manitou Ave., Manitou Springs
• Monument Library Branch, 1706 Lake Woodmoor Drive, Monument
• Branch of the Old Colorado City Library, 2418 W. Pikes Peak Ave.
• The Palmer Lake Library Branch, 66 Lower Glenway, Palmer Lake
• Penrose Library, 20 N. Cascade Ave.
• Rockrimmon Library Branch, 832 Village Center Drive
• Ruth Holley Library Branch, 685 N. Murray Blvd.
• Sand Creek Library Branch, 1821 S. Academy Blvd.
• Ute Pass Branch Library, 8010 Severy Ave., Cascade
CARLOTTA OLSON, THE GAZETTE