Posted on February 27th, 2021 at 12:12 pm by West Sider
Illustration by Ceylan A. Sahin Eker.
The largest performance spaces at Lincoln Center won’t host indoor performances until the fall, but the performing arts center will be hosting shows and events in a different way starting in April.
The Linco0ln Center initiative is called “Restart Stages” and includes outdoor concerts, ceremonies and even blood donation campaigns on the 16 hectare campus.
Restart Stages venues include:
- A cabaret-style stage at Hearst Plaza
- Dedicated family and children’s areas with artistic activities for young people
- Venues for rehearsals that open up the artistic process to visitors
- Space for public school leaving certificates where the exceptional achievements of students in difficult circumstances are recognized
- An outdoor reading room furnished in collaboration with the New York Public Library for the Performing Arts
It all starts on April 7th with a special concert for healthcare workers.
Lincoln Center began experimenting with outdoor gigs last year.
The program’s website is here and should have a schedule soon.